BIRKENSTOCK is a global footwear brand that stands for quality, function and all-round well-being. The historic roots of this long-standing family-run company can be traced back to the year 1774. Nowadays, the product portfolio comprises sandals and closed shoes, accessories, natural cosmetics as well as beds and sleep systems. With more than 5,500 employees, BIRKENSTOCK is the German shoe industry’s largest employer. BIRKENSTOCK has sixteen locations in Germany, with privately owned distribution companies in Europe, Asia and the USA.
For our Product Creation division at our location in Cologne, we are looking for a Junior Product Performance Testing Manager (m/f/d) Footwear.
- You ensure the highest product functionality according to our orthopedic and biomechanical core values. To this end you will directly contribute to the management and execution of product performance testing in the process of product development.
- You will pioneer tomorrow’s product performance testing solutions and will be the stakeholder for the performance testing standards and norms.
- In doing so, you keep up-to-date about biomechanical / orthopedic needs and biomechanical / mechanical testing methods. You further manage as well as update the testing lab and the testing manuals.
- In our day-to-day operations you take charge of seasonal and non-seasonal product performance testing requests and work closely with the product developers to make sure that the testing results are accurately translated into product improvements.
- Your project management skills are holistic and hands-on, you manage your projects independently, keep an eye on the resources and activate them as needed.
- University degree in sport sciences / biomechanics
- First working experience in the field of orthopedic product performance testing with a focus on functional footwear
- Know-how in footwear manufacturing methods, construction, and materials
- Advanced knowledge about orthopedic and biomechanic principles
- Fit in MS Office
- Excellent command of English, German is a plus
- Experienced project manager, networker and teamplayer with a structured and organized way of working
BIRKENSTOCK offers you all the advantages of a successful, fast-growing, global company: dynamic work environment, considerable design freedom, authentic and open corporate culture and excellent development opportunities.